5.20.2008

"did you hear that?"


Mom, Alexander is chewing on his hearing aids!


It has been a week since Alexander has had hearing aids. The kids have been working on catching Alexander up on all of the noises that he has never heard. Drums have been hit, songs have been sung, train whistles blown and even when one of them tooted, Dallin said, "Alexander, did you hear that?" with a proud look on his face.


Ajax is responding to noises but there is no way to know how well the hearing aids work. At least he has access to noise and the hearing nerves in the brain are being used. After he got them on I was expecting him to say his first words or do something miraculous, then I realized that he JUST turned 4 months old.


We have him scheduled to get tubes in his ears June 3rd and then there is another hearing test a few days after that. I guess there is still a little hope (the Dr.'s hope not mine) that the left ear may be better once the fluid is gone.


Ajax is hopefully going to be a candidate for a Cochlea Implant next November. Here is a link to a wonderful article referred by a friend. http://wondertime.go.com/parent-to-parent/article/the-sound-of-sound.html


This week I postponed all of his doctors appointments in hope to just enjoy Alexander as my little, babbling 4-month-old baby. I have not done that, and I need to do it before these precious baby moments are gone.


I am also getting the house ready to put on the market. Hmmm, where do I begin? Good thing I have my parents and Jon's parents around to keep me on track. I would be a basket case, without them.


Did I mention I am training for a triathlon? I have never done one so I am crazy enough to do one now. That is the 31st of May. More on that to come....




2 comments:

  1. Every time I check out our blog you have a new header. You do a very good job. I can't believe that you are doing a triathalon. Well I can believe it, because you are a wild thing!! I love checking out your updates. Good luck with getting things ready to move and with all your DR appointments. You are a trooper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica - It's Kellie (Stoa) Nowland...your old roomate from Ricks! I found your blog through Lori's. It is so great to see you and your family. Your boys are cute, and I see so much "Bean" in them! It looks like you are as busy as ever with moving and your boys and training for a triathalon! My husband and I are living in Cedar City, Utah. We have a 16 month old little girl named Emma. We have a blog also, just email me at thenowfam@yahoo.com and I'll add you to our list, as our blog is private. Email me!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails