5.13.2008

BAER test

Friends have asked if we have noticed a difference with Alexander having the hearing aids on and we have. This is a great sign. There is not a medical way to find out if the hearing aids are working until he is 9 months so Zachary kindly banged pots and pans right next to Alexander "like Christopher Robin" and Alexander let out a bloody scream. Poor baby, he is apart of our hearing world for 45 minutes and then he is blasted with pots and pans. By our own home test, they work!


Tomorrow is another hospital day. I am grateful to friends and family who are helping out with D. and Z and dinner. We couldn't do it without you.

Alexander has another BAER test at 8:45am at Virginia Mason. I have never been there before so I am more nervous about finding the place and parking in the right garage than I am for the results of the test. (This is a cell phone pic from from his second BAER). He has to be asleep the whole time (2 hours) to get accurate results...it is very stressful.

After that we will head over to visit his audiologist at Children's to reprogram his hearing aids to the new, more accurate setting.

Then he has an appointment with the ENT to decide whether or not we want to put in tubes in the left ear. He still has fluid hanging around.

I hope the day will go as smoothly as it sounds.

With Love,

Me

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little boy. He looks like a fighter and he's not going to let a little thing like hearing loss stop him. ;) I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for banging pots & pans! looking forward to seeing how today went...

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails