His stats:
Weight: 19 lbs
Height: forgot, but he is growing
Teeth: 8 of them! Let's just say breastfeeding quickly ended when he had the first 4 teeth. Ouch!
His sweet stuff: He is sitting up and slowly crawling across the floor. His big blue eyes, smile and giggles are contagious.
Since being here he has had 2 therapy appointments at Chattering Children. http://chatteringchildren.org/3.html. The first appointment was consisted of getting to know Alexander, and figuring out what he can possibly hear with his aids. The second appointment was focused on using sounds that he is already using, and applying it to an object like, "mmmm, milk" while holding up his bottle and repeating it over and over again. Then Sara, the therapist, would hide it saying the "mmmm" again, wait for him to look for it and then show him the milk and repeat it again. When he would make the noise the therapist or I would repeat it back to him to teach conversation.
Each time I go to an appointment I leave excited about Sara's enthusiasm for Alexander's potential. At the same time I feel a heavy burden, there is SO much that I need to do to help him succeed. Also, when I am told, "he probably can't hear that," my heart crumbles inside. I want him to hear so badly. I still feel like he can hear more than test results say, but it is still discouraging wondering if all the extra work is making a difference. I have an underline fear that he will not be a candidate for the implant. Unfortunalty, we have no way of knowing until the CT scan in October.
I do have to say that I miss not having my mom here who has been my biggest support and help through this emotional journey. Even though there are many nice people here and in Seattle, no one can replace my mom. I look forward to dad and your visits!
Zachary was taking photos today while I was doing a little therapy with Alexander.
To HEAR the video, pause the music on the music panel on the right hand side. Enjoy!
what a precious little boy. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteADORABLE! Thank you for the updates. I love the video!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute boy!
ReplyDeleteHe has such a sweet face . . . his eyes and his smile are infectious! The video is adorable--especially how he lights up when you surprise him! Keep sharing!
ReplyDeleteOkay ... I'm in love with Alexander! He's adorable.
ReplyDeleteWe saw Jon (briefly) at the UW/BYU game - glad you're doing well.
XOXO