We love the Blue Angels air show that Seattle Seafair sponsors each year. We all share the excitement of the big day as we head to Seattle and find the PERFECT seats for the show. Jon really nailed it this year. We were right on the water with the show directly above us. It was loud and exciting. We were lucky enough to have Jon's sister, Stephanie, who is visiting from NYC with us. Thanks for coming!
I was tempted to turn Alexanders hearing aids on to see if he would react to the loud noise by crying or startling. With how loud the planes fly over, this would really be the perfect chance. Then I decided against it because with the hearing aids already on the highest setting it would blow out any of his "good" remaining hair cells in his inner ear. No matter how terrible it sounds, I just REALLY look forward to the day he covers his ears out of fright from noise. That is why I am drawn to the picture of Zachary covering his ears in the slideshow. It makes me sad and happy all at once. Grateful for Zachary's good ears, and wanting so much more for Alexander. Despite it he smiles SO much anyway, life much be nice without all the noise.
No comments:
Post a Comment
talk to me