9.02.2008

Dear Kindergarten

Dear Kindergarten,


Where have you been all of my life?


Your New Friend,


Monica




Here is Dallin as we were leaving the apartment.



Dallin had his first day of school today. He gets on the bus at 8:00am and he is back by 12:00 noon. After racing from our apartment by the airport we showed up at the bus stop right as it was leaving. (That is such a typical thing for me to do to my oldest child on his first day of school). The bus driver so kindly stopped and let him on as i kissed him on the run and helped him up the huge steps. (That was not how I envisioned the morning). We left 20 minutes before the bus stop departure time. I crawled through town in the 8:00am traffic. We will leave earlier tomorrow. Another reason I look forward to getting settled into our house.

All smiles when he arrived home!
This is a little girl that lives on our street and she and Dallin are in the same class. I think she is checking out his skills.
CAUGHT YOU! Alexander was caught trying to escape the stroller. He is getting really good at getting out of his straps.
After school we went and played in the pool with some other estranged young kids that are living a temporary lifestyle like us. It is 88 degrees with no humidity, how often is the weather like that around here?

All in all it was a wonderful day. Dallin does have to admit he enjoyed preschool more. I would have to agree with him that his teacher is much more strict and serious than I imagined a kindergarten teacher to be. Let's hope kindergarten gets even better tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. This was good prep for me, my oldest starts kindergarten and I am sad. She is very excited though.

    Alexander is so cute! I love his big blue eyes. I am excited to hear about the progress he is making. It sounds that Washington, D.C. will be a really good place for you guys for while. It's good to catch up with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hilarious that you almost missed the bus on the first day! Sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel,
    Thanks for sympathizing with me. It even got worse then that. The snack I sent with him was red grapes...they were not seedless. I grabbed the wrong bag by accident.
    He had a better 2nd day of school by far!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails