12.09.2008

I saw it at my house today...

Raising children is pure entertainment!
Most of the time I walk around my house chuckling at all of the funny things I see and hear. Today was a good day full of laughs.
"Oh, you decided to feed yourself breakfast. Would you like some bagel with your raisins that are in your tummy? "
"no thank you."

Oh, look at that. Do you have a $1500 device thrown on the floor like a chewed up piece of orange? I do all of the time. What can you say to him, "if you don't treat your hearing aid better then you will not have the privilege of wearing it?" Yeah right. :)

Alexander, did someone take your seat?

A neighbor asked me, "what do you do all day as a stay at home mom?" (his wife works and their kids are in daycare). I thought to myself...."Stuff...I know I am busy all of the time!". Cook, cleaner, runner, diaper changer, smile maker, project queen...

So I would like to call him up and tell him to add Lego builder to the list of things I do. I rebuilt Zachary's Lego Firetruck. That is a big accomplishment! It took an hour longer then it should have. I am definantly not the Lego maniac that Jon is.

Later I found that same firetruck at an emergency. It looks like the firefighter was electrocuted and dropped to the ground injured. I still have yet to ask Zachary to explain why he was playing around an electrical outlet.

When Jon returned home from work we were discussing this weekends plans and the jobs we wanted to accomplish. Jon mentioned fertilizing the lawn and Dallin quickly piped in, "Excuse me dad, but you know fertilizer pollutes the aquifers and that is our resource for water. So are you sure you want to fertilize?"

"Dallin where are you getting your information from?"

Salmon Days (Issaquah Fair) September 2007

Sometimes I don't give Dallin credit for listening, he has proven me wrong once again.

He is eating one of the partially eaten bagels from the morning.

Cut and toasted, he never would guess that his brother already drooled on it. Dallin you are smart, but I am still smarter. :)

Have yourself a wonderful day around your house.

4 comments:

  1. oh the joys of a mother :)

    I like the pic of Zachary in the walker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this - it was pure enjoyment and laughs to read! haha! Love the firetruck parked at the outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You do not know me, but I found your blog through another blog. Anyway, I am a mom of three boys. I just wanted to let you know we get similar calls from teachers. I used to take it to heart and cry. Well, not anymore. I just say thank you now and say I will talk to him when he gets home. But really, I just let it go in one ear and out the other. Unless my child has caused harm to others than I think these type of phone calls are silly. Most the time the kids are just being kids. Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails