6.18.2009

all the right strokes

IMG_8651

being that dallin is only 6, i don’t have high expectations for him as a swim team member, especially since it is not his sport of choice. the goal for him has been to make friends and keep active everyday of the summer.

he blew me out of the water when he swam in his first meet and won his heat.

in the video he took off the first half of the 25 meters with great form then hung on for dear life the second half only to beat his personal best by 16 seconds. the incentive? 16 new Pokémon cards.

every second he races faster then his initial time trials = a Pokémon card.


i hope the adrenaline will last all summer.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! And I love the blog header photo. SO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is doing awesome!!!!!! I wish we could be there to cheer him on.
    6 days and counting........I expect to see some of that great technique when you get here.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they finally turn on the heater in the pool? Or did he figure out that the faster he got across the pool the sooner he could get out and be done with it? :) Way to go Dallin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, he swims better than I do! I miss all the swim meets we went in Virginia, some at that very pool I think.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails