7.05.2009

cracked up

ajax

why do things break?

alexander’s processor stopped working on our long flight home from seattle. the spare was packed away in the luggage, so he spend the next few hours in silence.

i can deal with a broken processor, there is a back up and a nice cushy warranty on it.

as for alexander’s teeth, i can’t replace those.  

alexander had a beautiful smile up until 2 days ago.

he ran after a brother on a cement pool deck, caught the toe of his shoe and smacked the ground as fast as i can say his name.

the end result? two front chipped and cracked teeth.

the dentist said he would need to pull one of the two. i began to cry. front teeth are necessary for speech, he needs them. they must be saved, if it is at all possible!  of course it was a holiday, so finding a pediatric dentist was going to be difficult.

IMG_8816

4 hours later, $451 and a free balloon to fall asleep with we had x-rays, a pediatric dentist that filled the hole in the back  of his tooth and a promise to try and help save the teeth this week. 

IMG_8821

tomorrow we plan to head back to the pediatric dentist and anesthesiologist with the intent to do 2 crowns and possibly a root canal.

some kids are just more expensive than others, but completely worth it.

7 comments:

  1. OUCH. That stinks! Good luck, Alexander! You are too young to get a visit from the tooth fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unfun thing to happen. I hope you can save the teeth. Good luck. It looks like you had a great vacation in Seattle. We wish we had been there, too!
    Auntie JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Besides considering all of the money, time, and future speech therapy, it must have hurt him a lot. I hope he is okay.

    He is a sweetie and worth everything you get to put into him.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no!!! that must have hurt so bad! expensive but worth it, it's true...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you had a dentist in the family it would have been free.
    Ethan cracked both of his front teeth and they were fixed in minutes. Finally some payback for 4 long years of dental school.
    Love the pic of Xander sleeping in the carseat. That's what I want to do after a trip to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, MAN! I'm so sorry! I'm glad you found a dentist. Little Alex has gone through a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh poor Alexander. I'm so sorry to hear that! And I just read your most recent post too about needing to pull the tooth. :( What age do permanants come in though? awwwwwe he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails