8.26.2009

Flying with my flock

IMG_8958
I don’t like roller coasters, never have.  I even fainted on the loop at Utah’s premier amusement park, Lagoon, because of the drop.  I was only in 5th grade, and my opinion of roller coasters hasn’t changed much since then.
Flying with my brother is much like a roller coaster ride, just so much more intense. Why do I even get on the plane? 
On our flight he did what he is known to do best, he drove the plane up into the sky, then once we peaked he turned off the engine and we quickly coasted downward, dropping.  My stomach squirmed. Then my hands quickly gripped anything I could get a hold of. It happened to be my brother’s leg. “Ahh, he is the pilot, let go.” I  thought to myself. We plunged until I could taste my dinner and then he pulled the plane back upward. 
What a ride. Who’s next?

IMG_8965

  “I survived the flight and we dropped some serious g’s!” He proclaimed.

 
Yes, one of their cousins was actually in the outhouse while his cousins continued to knock and pound at his door.  Fortunately, he was not trying to get out at all, he was happily sitting on the throne for a solid 10 minutes.

IMG_8918 IMG_8924 
Here is the first 5 minutes. Then after 10 minutes, there was a large crowd gathering in search of their lost cousin.









Our sweet friends, Mimi and John, were able to join us in the fun.
IMG_8935
We are grateful for my brother who is an amazing pilot and flight instructor. Flying with Trevor and the cousins was by far one of the most anticipated events of our vacation in Seattle.
IMG_8968
That night we literally flew into the sunset.
Though my stomach is still recovering, the kids could not have had a better time. Thanks uncle Trevor!

4 comments:

  1. is trevor the pilot? how fun! i just read through a bunch of your posts. great pics. love the cookie bake off.
    but most of all, i hate the words panty and moist. but i have a girl and ended up using the word during potty trainig. to all who hate the word, i apologize. i still can't believe it when i say it.

    my blog is holtfamilyblog.blogspot.com
    congrats on the success with the 2nd cochlear implant. keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to never go flying with Trevor - I wouldn't handle the dropping feeling to well! I'm sad we didn't get to see you this time while you were here!
    Love all your pictures! And I'm glad you have one up with Tami and Abigail! I still haven't met the newest Bean girl yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Monica! That is so awesome your boys are so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes yes!! Thank you Trevor for almost giving me a heart attack when I saw your hands in the air and my husband taking off! I haven't been that scared in a long time. It didn't help that you said, "Ok Mia, this is what your family looked like!" he he.

    Once we were in the air and he was back in control- I LOVED IT!! It was beautiful. All of your family is wonderful!

    It was so neat to see you guys! my email is mimijen@hotmail.com- I would love some of your pics.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails