The Good: Thankfully his fluctuating fever has slowly gone away. My fear of infection is all but gone. (Knock on wood).
The Bad: He is seriously cranky. Meal time has been the most difficult time with him. It seems he cannot taste the things he loved to eat prior to his most recent surgery. Now his menu of choice includes ice cream, frozen blueberries, and popsicles. Who wouldn’t want that? With all the cold foods you think he would be teething?
The Ugly: The most recent examples. He cried all through breakfast (it is his third day in a row) and chucked his bowl of mixed berry (frozen berries from Costco) oatmeal across the floor. Ugh, lovely! He normally devours oatmeal.
Later tonight he cried all through dinner and proceeded to hang on the freezer door in protest of grilled chicken, corn on the cob and rice. He even was signing and saying "eat ice cream". Impressive, huh? I was so after an hour I chalked it up to post-surgery recovery and let him eat ice cream topped with blueberries.
Alexander where are you? I am hoping you’re back to normal really soon.
Input anyone?
Oh little buddy!! You eat all the ice cream you want :-) It's been a rough minute!
ReplyDeleteI am sure he will be back to normal in no time. His little swollen head makes my heart hurt- I'm sure it's looking better already. I am glad the surgery went well- good point about the pictures!!
Why did they shave so much hair? highly unnecessary!! :-) Don't get me started with hospitals and shaving heads!
I think a mo-hawk could be in order perhaps?
His face is so cute- hair is pretty much optional at this point!
i saw pick your battles at this ponit. He's healthy, he's eating something, and he's communicating. The rest will come back soon! : )
ReplyDeleteAwe poor little guy :( I feel for him. You are such a great mom. I would let him just eat what he wanted right now too. I hope he gets back to normal soon...
ReplyDeleteIt could be associated with the surgery and ears. Remember the nerve endings run through that part of the brain. He could just not taste anything and the swelling from the surgery effecting his taste. It probably feels like he is teething to him, so just make sure he gets some food and slowly re-introduce healthy food.
ReplyDeleteMonica, you are a strong woman...and Mr. Alexander is a trooper! I hope he gets back to normal soon!
ReplyDeleteyou could try to blend up some frozen fruit with some plain yogurt and honey and pour into ice cube trays with popsicle sticks and freeze them. Just a thought- like you don't have enough to do. You are doing great though!
ReplyDelete