9.24.2009

I will

As a mother and a wife I have come to the realization there are some things in life I will never do. Yet motherhood and wifehood awards me a chance to do so much. I have a new appreciation for the incredible things I can and hopefully will do someday.

I will never be an Olympian.

I will teach my boys to dream like one.

I will never be a top chef.

I will be able to always cook my husbands favorite meal to perfection.

I will never be a guest on Oprah discussing my new book.

I will be a guest on mommycast.com discussing the woes of potty training (video coming soon).

I will never be a notable scientist.

I will be the “most awesome” bug finder for three curious boys.

I will never give away a million dollars.

I will give away a million hugs to make the hurt stop and the sadness leave.

I will never be the hot chic on the back of a motorcycle.

I will be the mom running behind a child who is learning to ride a bike.

I will probably never be able to fix cars.

I will be able to rebuild a Lego fire engine.

I will not be the one to heal Alexander's deafness.

I will be the one who teaches him to listen, talk, love and laugh despite of it.

I will never be the one in a sports car.

I will be the one with a large enough car to tote around my baggage (kids) and yours too.

I will never fashionably walk down a runway as a top model.

I will walk quickly down every isle of the clothing store to find my lost child.

I will never win the noble peace prize.

I will write a sweet note and bake the kids favorite cookies to pack into their lunch boxes.

I will never wrestle a pig.

I will wrestle a naked wet baby not wanting to get out of the bathtub.

There are some choices I will never regret.

One is marrying my man, he is hot. The other is choosing motherhood.

ajax and mom

What are some things you will do?

signiture

12 comments:

  1. Great post. I like your comparisons and I agree that motherhood is the best choice! Auntie JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Great job Monica. Now I have to start thinking of what I will do.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, I just have to say that you are such a great writer! I love reading your blog! I have to agree that motherhood really is the best path to be on. I love being a mother and a wife. Thanks for the great example. Oh and thanks for the great party idea. Everyone is so excited for it- even the husbands have been impatiently waiting for it to come around. We will have to let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a mom is the best job in the world with the most benefits. It's awesome that you can appreciate that and have a great time in the process. The boys and Jon are very lucky.

    See you soon.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never understand boys.

    I will always support whatever endeavor they choose. This decision has caused me to put lots of miles on my car, but it has brought all of us great joy.

    And I will never have a sister, but I will always cherish my girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Profound!



    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post!!!! good job in putting your successes into words! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are an amazing person! I am lucky to count you as a friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post.
    By the way, we're moving to Seattle for Randy's residency at U Dub...where should we look for houses?

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails