10.12.2009

Spoiled Rotten

My parents came for the week. I had them ALL TO MYSELF.

I was an only child for once and loved it!

IMG_9354

We will never forget all of the time we shared together…

IMG_9226

and they will never forget the LONG (it was supposed to be short) run around the lake. My mom was a serious trooper for giving my injured dad the bike and running the last 2 miles so we could get to a soccer game on time. Mom, when are you signing up for your first race? You didn’t even break a sweat.

We were ready to take a sweet daddy/daughter picture only to realize…

IMG_9222

Alexander was attempting to catch a duck in the lake.

IMG_9223

Later we played some more.

IMG_9388

We traveled.

Washington D.C. Monuments

grandparents beans visit 142g&g visit

We loved. After beating each other with sticks.

grandparents beans visit 305

We traveled some more.

Air and Space Museum

visit with grandparents bean 022

Baltimore

Moving in to our VA house 165

Washington National Cathedral

cathed

Mt Vernon

grandparents beans visit 368

grandparents beans visit 338 grandparents beans visit 336 grandparents beans visit 362

We all dutifully filled our roles on our outings.

Mr. Mischievous

grandparents beans visit 341

Mr. Tour Guide

grandparents beans visit 358

Mr. Escape Artist

grandparents beans visit 374 grandparents beans visit 390

Mr. and Mrs. GRAND

grandparents beans visit 423

Between the craziness of trying to keep up with the boys (Jon and my dad included) we always found a peaceful moment to enjoy the majestic beauty of our nation’s capital.

The perfect picnic spot overlooking the Potomac from Mt Vernon was one of them.

grandparents beans visit 418

The monuments were another.

jefferson

You’re welcome to visit us any season of the year! We all loved being spoiled rotten with your love and time.

signiture

7 comments:

  1. You saw more of DC in a week than most DC residents see in a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun week. I really wish we could come visit you sometime. You always do such fun things. I'm glad you got to enjoy having your parents there with you though... your parents really are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet. We loved being with you and look forward to a return visit (I am seriously thinking of cherry blossoms). You are a very talented and creative, caring mother.

    Thanks for sharing these shots and thoughts…fond memories.

    Love-



    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one had more fun than your dad and I did just getting to spend time with all of you. Great memories. Can't wait until our next visit.

    Take care of those cute little boys for us.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha! that picture of you with your dad and you on your way to save Alexander is AWESOME! I LOVE your very concerned face!!!!

    LOVED all of the pictures, you are a great photographer! Looks like your parents had a fun visit!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures of the boys!!!! I loved it when I got the one on one with Gma and Gpa in Chicago. With the big cities, there is always something to do. And to enjoy the weather! LIfe can't be any better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a great visit. you are making me want to visit again! love the picture of mt vernon.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails