It was a perfect Monday morning. Blue sky, a warm breeze, no clouds, no worries. It was one of those mornings I would like to slide into a Xerox machine and copy 365 times. Then I would call it a year.
It still was a morning full of school drop offs and therapy. What was different about today was the weather, the smiles and friendship my boys shared, the fact that I made it to all of my appointments on time. It was another busy day on top of all of the others. Just weeks after being called into the primary presidency at church we had the trunk or treat, primary presentation (my thing this Sunday), designing Christmas gifts and organizing classes and notebooks for the new year. It has been an exciting time to be apart of the organization!
Here is our little gift designed for our Primary kids:
Shh, I hope you can keep a secret. It is a magnet with next year’s theme on it. What a perfect picture of Christ, warm and inviting. My hope is to have the children feel the Savior’s love daily.
My new calling is not the only activity I have had my arms around, Christmas projects is the other. They have completely filled up my blogging time. Hopefully projects will be completed soon!
Congratulations on the new calling. I love the magnets!
ReplyDeletelook at you, you successful multi-tasker. it's amazing the difference a beautiful day can make, huh.
ReplyDeleteMon- What ward are you in? Franklin or Oak Marr? I hope to see you when I am home in a month. I cannot believe I will be home in a month.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, a beautiful day can make all the difference in the world. I know when it is dark and grey you can slug through the day, but on a bright sunny day you leap and hop through the day.
Your post reminds me of the song... "Oh what a beautiful morning, what a beautiful day....."
Hope your week continues to be productive and happy.
OH yeah, forgot to mention... I posted a new recipe I tried tonight with left over Thanksgiving mash potatoes. Just in case you need a new menu idea.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! After being the Primary Pres. for 2 1/2 years I love Primary more than ever!! Something we do for Christmas gifts is make CD's of all the songs for next year. It's a great gift for the whole family and then they start practicing for the program for the next year!
ReplyDeletehey i think we may have the same calling... i will be watching for fun hints and help that you will share. i need all the help i can get.
ReplyDeleteHey, it's been too long!!! We can share so many ideas with your new calling!!! Can't believe you already have Christmas gifts for the kids - we're just starting to think about it now. the magnet is such a great idea!! We ran out of strawberry jam this week - time for Miss Monica to come back to Baltimore!!! We miss you guys. What are you doing over thanksgiving?? We will most likely be traveling to Williamsburg and maybe VA too!!!
ReplyDelete