My hands were clammy, i was nervous as i paced the floors from one section to the other looking for the perfect one. I wanted him to be fat and pleasant looking. Where was he? In that moment, not too far away from where i stood i saw the expert. Our eyes met and he could see i was on the search for the perfect turkey. It was my FIRST thanksgiving turkey. The meat expert helped us find it and the kids named him gobble, assuming those were his last words. It was then, when Gobble was purchased i knew this thanksgiving would be different from any other.
We were on our way to nyc to join my sister-in-law for a long weekend of turkey baking, the Macy's day parade and nyc sights.
After climbing 67 stairs to her new 5th floor walk up apartment the kids instantly fell in love with her LOOOONG hallway. Soccer, bowling, and dodge ball were a few of the reasons the people in room 4W didn’t appreciate our visit.
A favorite destination is central park. The kids love the play areas and space for running and hiding.
Our first afternoon was spent with the parade balloons. We all watched in amazement as they were filled with air in preparation for the parade the next day.
The Macy's day parade!
When you arrive at 5:00am, you too can have front row seats for the parade. It was my sister-in-laws dedicated roommates who were willing to save us seats. The lazy people, the kids and me, didn’t show up until 7:00am.
Our amazing and very entertaining clown Stephanie!
Jordan, here is your buzz lightyear photo.
The never ending confetti. I am still finding it in jackets, shoes, hats and underwear.
Here is Gobble all cooked up for his big début.
The next day. Black Friday. Where can we go without a crowd of people? The subway to Brooklyn of course! We walked the bridge back into Manhattan.
Zachary was more than happy to have some one-on-one time with Stephanie.
Have your kids read the book, I’m Mighty? Mine love it, so they especially enjoyed the tug boats in the harbor.
Have you read the book, The Cricket in Times Square? Mr. D was so excited to find the newspaper stand in the subway under times square!
STICK together everyone!
Rockefeller Center and Times Square
Mr D is pink? He handled it MUCH better than expected, especially since there were 50 people watching him.
Christmas music from Saks 5th Avenue.
A BIG thank you to Stephanie for making our time magical.
Did you do anything different this Thanksgiving?
I'm so glad you had a wonderful time in NYC. I'm sure your first turkey was wonderful. We missed having you here with us.
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom
(beat you to it Marcia :-P )
What a great visit! You made me feel like I was there, too! Great post!
ReplyDeleteAuntie JoAnn
Looks like you had a TON OF FUN!!!! I LOVE NyC!!!! The one thing different that I did this Thanksgiving was grinding my own wheat to make wheat/white rolls for dinner. It was totally easy on my bosch!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun adventures. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteChris
To answer your question about the bosche: I have the 'family grain mill' attachment and that ground up a full can of wheat in one hour, with Spencer's help so I am sure it will go faster next time. I love the attachment!
ReplyDeletesuch a cute family you guys are. i'm so jealous of all your adventures. it's such a bummer to visit sammamish now and not see you. you look fab!
ReplyDelete