4.07.2010

In a Stream of Consciousness

Each night before bed we try to read a scripture story

with the boys and help them apply it to their everyday life.

This is a taste of tonight's conversation.

Dad: Zachary, what’s something that reminds you of God?

Zachary: When I play MarioKart and I shoot someone with a turtle shell

and it hits them stars come out and that makes me think of when Jesus was born.

Dad: [long silence then in a smiling whisper ] Monica, write that one down!!!

Ironically, we’ve never owned a Nintendo console

so I’m not really sure he’s played the game more than once in his life.

Nevertheless, pure unintentional comedy at it’s best.

zachary

4 comments:

  1. that is awesome... kids really do say the darndest things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I was a fan of Nintendo……but I had no idea it brought about religious thoughts…..

    Douglas

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha!!! that is seriously one of the funniest things I have ever heard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's hilarious! it's always interesting to get a peak into what is going through our children's heads. i love how much detail he put into his explanation. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails