11.08.2010

where america’s story began

What a week!

The festivities began when my parents flew in and met us in Colonial Williamsburg, VA.  The town is beautifully set off the coastline near the York River and James River.

mainimg_autumn1

What I marveled most about was witnessing the everyday live of Americas extraordinary people.

IMG_3421

workshop

Alexander was thrilled to use a map and locate where the next stop would be.

Found it!

Dancing with a gentlemen.

IMG_3444

Who knew we would find Private Advisory Group so far from Redmond?

IMG_3528

IMG_3450alexander edited againIMG_3466IMG_3457

Alexander was about done at this point.

IMG_3460

IMG_3472

Zachary had to be imprisoned after a tantrum on main street. 

“Why does Alexander get more SUGAR than I do?!” 

I really do feed my kids sugar, we had 2 dozen homemade cookies waiting in the car for the ride home.

IMG_3506

After Martha Washington spoke at the capital, cannons were shot.  The smoke and noise made this event my boys favorite memory of the day.

IMG_3549

Our next adventure: Jamestown!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun adventure, and what a wonderful way to learn about America's history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go there. I think it would be a great way to experience history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Williamsburg!! I am so glad you got to go!!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails