The kids always anticipate our summer vacation to Seattle. It is the one place we are completely spoiled with cousins, grandparents, great-grandparents, friends, sights and lots of delicious meals!
Just hours after the kids and I landed (the husband was working in Chicago) my brother invited us to hike Little Si (pronounced sigh) with his family. Sure, why not? Halfway up the mountain I was reminded why not, I had 35 pounds of dead weight on my back. My three and a half year old gave me the workout of my life (ok maybe just post pregnancy) being carried on my back for what seemed like 50 miles.
Sigh.
Oh, Little Si, you were a workout. Fortunately Reese was left at home with grandma so I didn’t look like a packing mule (although I sweat enough to look like one). Next time he is hiking at my side or left in the RV….oh, did I fail to mention we traveled in my brothers new RV to the entrance of the trail…which was only 15 miles from their house?
Seriously, when did we become weird like that? Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment
talk to me