It was another memorable summer of swim team.
Swimsuits, goggles and caps were on before eight and they were in the 73 degree pool doing laps. (That sounds like my worst nightmare, I despise waking up early and swimming in cold water).
The music, timers, concession stand and the buzz of the crowd always made the meets full of excitement.
For our veteran swimmer the hype never phased him. Warm-ups, waiting area and then the race was over under 30 seconds.
For our other swimmer, who was one of the youngest on the team, each race was a chance to get a better time….which would earn him more Pokeman cards. (Yes, we are pretty big on bribes).
His routine:
Equipment check.
Stare down the competitors. His eyes say it all, “Are you ready to eat my bubbles?”
Visualizing the race.
Then comes the gun and the impressive dive/jump.
Phew! He made it. Now he can finish the waterproof chocolate frosting he left on his cheek.
Heat winner!
When she catches a glimpse of her brother’s face, this is her reaction.
Defiantly the happiest fan in the crowd.
Great work boys!
I couldn't decide if I liked the "stare down" picture or the "dive/jump" picture more. Then I saw the picture of the cutest fan which only added to my indecision. Can't wait to see you guys soon.
ReplyDelete