I can never work for UPS because their uniform against my pale skin would be like death coming to your door.
That was the image that flashed before my eyes when I was asked to be the cub master for my son’s pack. Saying yes to serve was the easy part. Saying yes to wearing the uniform was another.
I tried to get out of wearing it, but no excuse was good enough for my husband. Besides after giving birth to our third boy he gave me my own scout shirt and told me I might as well break it in. The calling was going to come, it was inevitable.
The only other thing that scares me more than the light tan uniform is the scout shop. It’s a culture of its own. The jargon and everything else about it. When visiting the scout shop it is like they want me to know that I really don’t belong there (which I don’t!). I thought I was gaining some ground with the employees, when I opened my mouth and blew all my scout cred out the window when asking what the Blue and Gold Banquet (that I am knee deep in planning) was for? It was like swearing in church. Don’t let it happen again.
All well, we’re having a good time. There is still so much to learn, so I give all credit to any success to the awesome den leaders that do all the work on a weekly basis.
This past weekend the boys had one of their huge events, the pinewood derby. Each boy (and dad) showed off all their craftsmanship and artistry when they placed their cars on the track.
He ended up winning in the finals…that’s his dad celebrating in the background.
Photos by dion seneca photography
Technical/MC crew.
A scarf, jean skirt and cowboy boots make the shirt wearable.
DC finished first in his pack! Looks like he will be heading to districts.
Good job!
Hey Monica, if anyone can pull off the uniform, its you! can't wait for you guys to visit! ;-)
ReplyDelete