3.20.2012

red rover red rover send a new kitchen right over

when taking photos of events in my house I always tried to avoid the kitchen.  to me it was the black hole of our home. everything else was painted and updated, except for the kitchen.

this is what we moved into almost 4 years ago.

kitchen before

oh, the double oven scares you? i was skeptical of it at first too, especially the burners which were always moving from side to side as i cooked. and yes, double oven not a microwave/oven combo.  they stopped making those long before i entered junior high.. i worked that baby so hard with the hope that it would die on us. a perfect excuse for spending money on a new one.  never happened.

the original kitchen was good to us, but updating it has always been on our mind, just not in our budget.  in January we teased ourselves by actually planning and pricing it out.  one thing led to another and now here we are sitting pretty in a bright and shiny kitchen.

thank you jose, and to my husband who also speaks some pretty good Española…and to my father-in-law who so kindly painted the kitchen with me on his vacation.

IMG_0939IMG_1028

the burch cabinets are amazing. (still working on adding the handles. details. details).  the space is incredible. there is enough room for empty shelves and a work space for my laptop and papers. wowza!

IMG_1030

a favorite: a 9 inch deep stainless steel sink (minus the dishes).  it's big enough to bath my babies in until they are entering school.  okay, maybe not, but I can wash a highchair tray without having a stream of water rushing out over the sides.

IMG_1031

the air freely moves between the two rooms.  it’s just delicious to the eyes!

IMG_1032

so come on over and enjoy it with us!

 

6 comments:

  1. If that's truly an invite.. I'll take it. You're house looks great. (I didn't think it looked bad before, though.) I like the colors. It makes it all look so bright and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a new clean kitchen. Your white cabinets look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I m speechless! Wow!! Love it love it love it. You will sell it to the first lookers.....that is my prediction.

    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so good!! i love it. you do such a good job with decorating and choosing paint colors, etc.

    will you guys be permanently in dc or are you moving back to seattle at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks amazing Monica! I love the white cupboards. It's amazing how open it looks now. awesome job!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Wow what a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails