4.01.2012

DIY Chevron Board

I seriously love the new chevron in our family room so I thought I would pass along the DIY tips I learned from making my own.

IMG_1122

I bought a 4x4 piece of wood from home depot (make sure there are not any weird bumps or curves in the wood).  the board cost: $7.50.  I cut it down to fit the mantle…. I believe 3x3.5ft.

then on goes the lighter of the two colors of paint.  I took our ceiling paint and mixed in a few scoops of the wall color to give it a tint.  it also made a different sheen, which looks awesome in the final product, since the ceiling is flat and the wall is eggshell. 

IMG_0956

the old cabinets from the kitchen remodel were perfect platforms to paint on. :)

IMG_0957

after making a stencil, draw your lines on the board.

IMG_0959

then goes the next paint color, I went with my family room color to finish off the airy feeling I was going for.  I love Benjamin Moore Grant Beige. it’s the perfect blend of calm and happy.  

ta-da!

IMG_1122

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this project Monica!!! It looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails