my son came home a little hesitant to get started on his homework. I could understand why when he pulled out his 3rd grade spelling list for the week.
omnipotent, geometry, Acropolis, architecture, population, intangible, government, polytheism, polygon, alphabet, deity, republic
looks like the theme this week is derived from Latin and Greek roots.
he is required to write each word in a sentence. I stood by with a dictionary in hand so we could define the word first. (I couldn’t define half the words myself). it was a learning moment for both of us.
tomorrow’s assignment is to write a story using all of the spelling words. that is going to be good.
i loved your last line -- a story using ALL those words?? definitely going to be good. i can only imagine the freak out scene that would ensue for ethan to complete this assignment. those words seem really big for 3rd grade!
ReplyDelete