Ye-haw!
Horses
Barrels
Dirt
Cheering
Tractors
Happy Smiles
There is nothing like a Friday night at a barrel racing event. Jon is back in Seattle for the week so my little men and I were looking for something fun to do. Over 100 horses and riders competed. I actually had never heard of barrel racing until I met a roommate in college that grew up in Idaho barrel racing. It was exciting. Horses sprinted, bucked and tripped around the barrels.
The highlights:
Zachary playing in the dirt/horse poop...yummy!
Alexander's high squeals when the horses approached the fence, we all cheer when A-jax makes noise.
Dallin cheering for our favorite horse Jut-box Judy.
The rider was an adorable girl with a southern accent from North Carolina. The boys loved the attention she gave them.
The night was topped off with a phone call from their sweet cousins (thanks for the call, it made their night) and brownie fudge sundaes.
Jon, your crazy-cute boys miss you. Come home and wrestle with them soon. :)
I thought the reason you moved to DC was b/c Jon was always in DC...now he's always in Seattle?! :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I ask the same thing!
ReplyDeleteHe has informed me that there are no scheduled trips until January. That will be nice to have him home!
You are the most remarkable person. Others in your situation could have been slightly resentful, feeling sorry for herself, and lonely. Instead, you are pro-active, industrious, adventurous, creative, and smart and you have initiative, strength, and a positive attitude. You amaze me. I am so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteI bet you have seen and experienced more of Washington, DC than most of the natives.
Love you so much,
Mom