10.11.2008

Happy Times with Grandma and Grandpa

We had 5 wonderful days with Jon's parents.
The kids were spoiled with Steve and Valerie's best gift they could give-themselves.
That is all the kids really wanted and needed.



It came and went all too quickly.

I have to be honest I had a huge 'Honey Do" list for Steve and Valerie to help us work on while they were here. Then I realized that all of those things could be done on a later date. Dallin, Zachary and Alexander needed their time. The kids have been through a lot lately. With Alexander's special appointments, the move, new church group, new schools, and with no relatives around, they just need love.

To a child LOVE is spelled T-I-M-E.

The boys were in heaven and enjoyed every minute of the day shared with grandma and grandpa biking, exploring the area, the Air and Space Museum, buying pumpkins, building the world's biggest train track, playing UNO, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner together, and plenty more I do not know about.
I was grateful to have their help hemming drapes, hanging up curtain rods, changing the outlets and fixing drawers and I am sure so much more.

We love you. Come again soon!


Most of the photos are taken from Steve's camera, I wish I had taken more of the kids and the grandkids together.





Here we are making Halloween sugar cookies. Thanks Aunt Alicia for the cookies cutters and sprinkles. What a great surprise. We ALL enjoyed them!


We are making delicious homemade pizzas. I wish I had a picture of Steve and his pizza. He wasn't shy about complimenting himself and his pizza skills.

We all know he has mad pizza skills!


P.S. Thanks for hiding the special treats. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Monica,
    I actually use a Cannon Rebel. We got it from Costco about a year ago, and it DOES take great pictures. It's TOTALLY the camera, most of the time and not me. lol. They are a little pricey but worth it!
    I love this post. It looks like you guys had so much fun with Val and Steve. And like always your boys are SO incredibly cute! Alexander is a TOTAL Gerber baby. He should be on a diaper box or baby food label somewhere for sure! I hope all is well.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun mom you are. It is great to see a mom who really enjoys her kids.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails