11.19.2008

Vacations Over

It was one of those days...
I am a busy mom of 3 who took a 3 day vacation from
everything and everyone.

This is a little glimpse of my first morning back:

-Jon kisses me- "Goodbye honey, have a good day. Remember you signed up to have the missionaries over tonight."

(I am still in bed hiding under my warm covers trying to get '10 more minutes' of sleep).
......
Zachary walks into my room, "Good morning mom. Alexander is poopy".

Dallin yells from down the hallway, "Mom, I wet the bed."

Zachary calls out from his room, "Mmooooommm, Alexander is throwing up."

A few minutes pass....

"Mom, did we sleep in? I think I hear the bus."
Luckily it was the garbage man, but we were running late because I was still numb trying to remember how to be a mom again. Wait, we forgot to get the trash out on the curb! Darn it, missed it again.


We head downstairs.
Me: "Kids why does it smell like dead fish in the basement?"
"We don't know, dad asked us too."

Me: "Dallin, it looks like we don't have any fruit for your school snack today. Hmm...do you want to bring cucumbers instead?" (real cool, huh?)
Zachary asks, "Mom, can I have lemonade for breakfast? Dad gave it to me all weekend long."
Dallin chimes in, "Yeah mom, dad also gave us breakfast for dinner every night".
Is this day really happening, can I press the restart button?
.......

Dallin eventually made it to the bus without his teeth brushed.
Then he quickly returned 2.5 hours later because it was a short day.
I normally don't mind having all the kids with me all day, but today, I was really bothered by the short day schedule. I just needed a little more time to myself to readjust.

It was the L O N G E S T day I remember in quite some time.


Luckily a trip to Costco made it all better. (You may wonder how can Costco + 3 young kids = happiness? I don't know how, but they are amazing on our Costco trips without bribs).
Jon, thank you for being Mom and Dad for the weekend, the kids loved having you all to themselves.

Vacations over.
I am a mom again and LOVE it.

4 comments:

  1. What a day! I feel your pain :)
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, yeah reading your blog did remind me of my day trying to get ready for the symphony. Welcome back to motherhood! LOL glad you had some fun on your own for a few days though. Sounded like you had a great time!

    To answer your question - you can hear my song "Fly Away" either on my MySpace page, or on OurStage.com. I'll give you both links. I think Ourstage is a bit more user friendly, however it does take longer for the page to load.

    http://www.ourstage.com/fanclub/jenniferthomas

    or

    http://www.myspace.com/jenniferthomasmusic

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way too familiar! Glad you had a great time in New York. I am going to go change a poopy diaper- mom's work is never done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he he. I shouldn't laugh, but I have these day so often, and not even after a fun weekend away. Loved your trip recap to NYC. SO jealous! I miss that place. Your gratitude list was great.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails