Since Alexander recently had surgery the doctor highly recommended we not fly for the holidays because of the possibility of infection and the discomfort air pressure might have on Alexander's head.
So we will be here for Christmas.
Our first Christmas alone may have its ups and downs. To make it feel like a magical Christmas I decided to make stockings. We have never had stockings, in the past we would use the extra ones around my mom's house. What a better time to make something I have no idea how to make... 2 weeks before Christmas.
That is such a Bean thing to do.
So out came the sewing machine that I was gifted last Christmas from it's original box and I began to read the instruction manual.Here is my fancy pattern made from one of Dallin's extra school folders.
I tried to go to the fabric store with my 3 boys.
That was a death wish.
After 5 minutes I had one child hiding under the fabric racks and another wanting to get out of the cart to join his brother. Pretty soon after that the cart tipped over on the huge button rack by kids standing on the side of the cart.
Never stand on the side of the cart!
Fortunately no one was in the cart at the time of the fall, I had a grumpy Alexander in my arms. So with what patience and mind I had left I quickly purchased my fabric and did everyone a favor in the store by leaving.
Now to begin the actual sewing...huh? How do I?
What am I doing?!
k, i'm admitting it.. i've been peeking at your blog for a long time. this is tiffany beckstrand (friends with alicia- from bloomfield ward in michigan)... i just had to say, i'm so glad i'm not the only person with kids that hide in racks at the stores (if i ever let them out) and make me crazy in public! i just had to laugh at this post because i could totally see me and my kids in the same situation! by the way, your kids are super cute and i'm so glad alexander's surgery went well!
ReplyDeleteSounds like some fun times :) poor thing! I would gladly help you make them if I were closer. I am remaking my old stockings, they got ruined in storage :(
ReplyDeletebut I guess I can have fun making new ones now...Christmas is when??
You have a whole 9 days left before you need them. You have lots of time. Just make sure that you make them big enough so there is room for all those fun stocking stuffers.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that they will turn out great. I have all the confidence in the world in your sewing abilities.
Mom
Hey Monica!!
ReplyDeleteI personally think your ahead of BEAN time... 2 days before is the ultimate challenge..... You will do great. remember that fabric glue is your friend....There is no right way to make stockings... how can you do better than want, need and desire!!!!! you will always look back year after year and cherish your efforts... Have fun!!!!Can't wait to see the final product...
Love you guys...Dana