12.16.2008

Fabric, Scissors, the Machine and Me

is my name,
sewing is now my game...
"...she's crafty and she's just my type!" -Beasty Boys


The Stocking Photo Shoot.
Strike a pose!

I honestly have never done a sewing project completely on my own so to accomplish a simple task like stockings is a big deal.
If sewing is something I decide to invest my time into I may want to invest in a seam ripper, needles and a fabric pizza cutter.
I was using scissors and floral pins because that is what I had on hand.



All for the beautiful price of $22.

"Wow, your mom is a good knitter!" Is what Dallin's friend said when I was hanging the stockings up. I am not a "knitter" but what do I call myself?
Domestic Goddess please.

Jon is still in shock that:

  1. I completed a project
  2. Only invested $22
  3. I don't have rolls of fabric left over
  4. He LOVES them!
Happy crafting!

10 comments:

  1. Great job. They look awesome. And...you still have time to start another project. You have a whole 9 more days until Christmas. How about a quilt?

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post. The Beasty Boys quote was one of my many favorite parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, gotta love the beasty boys. no sleep till brooklyn. love the stockings. i had stocking material all purchased and ready to go about 5 years ago. it is still in my fabric box. good for you.
    we are still trying to work out a trip, so thanks for the offer of staying at your house. maybe we will figure something out after Fri when tye is not at school 24-7. and that guy who asks "what you do all day" being a sahm, well, buddy i'll tell you...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! I am impressed you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the stockings! they are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I just got my first sewing machine for my birthday. I am definitly doing some stockings next year. WHat kind of fabric did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, wow! They turned out really good! I'm like you, I have never done a sewing project on my own. It terrifies me. So I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are so cute! i love how they turned out. and yes, i would definitely recommend a seam ripper if you decide to pursue your sewing capabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the stockings. I wanted to make some this year, but just couldn't come up with ideas I loved. I want to steal yours. What kind of fabric did you use for the stockings, is it prequilted? or did you do all that yourself. By the way, the girls dresses were from Costco, but my mother-in-law is an amazing seamstress that has taught me a lot of what I know. Also, you asked me what costume I would make for a boy and my favorite boy costumes I have seen have been a policeman, Bob the Builder, Captain Hook, and Woody. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I am so impressed! They look great!!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails