So these are my thoughts from today, I warn you they are not happy or positive...they are even a little crazy.
I parked in the wrong V.M. parking garage and had to walk a few blocks to the right building so I was a little stressed when I got to the appointment. He was diagnosed with profound hearing loss. As the audiologost said, "he can't get much worse". I shouldn't have been surprised, but for some reason I keep having this hope that he will magically have his hearing back. So as tears were gushing from my eyes and my new audiologist 'crying friend" was comforting me I thought I could run out right then and leave Alexander with her, she seemed like a nice person and a good mom. If I did that all of my problems would go away, right? I know it is a crazy th0ught, could you imagine me on drugs? Then I realized they have way too much of my information, they would find me. So I took Alexander and bought three sprinkled donuts and ate all of them IN THE CAR. (Jon will just die at the thought of that).
His hearing aids were digitally reset to his new hearing needs at Childrens and the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Dr. decided that Alexander should get tubes in his ears the 3rd of June to clear the extra fluid.
All in all a lot of good thing happened: I prayed for Alexander to sleep through the BAER so they could get accurate results and he did, his hearing aids were reset so he can hopefully hear us better or at least have access to noise and the ENT Dr. contacted a great group of specialist in Washington D.C. to help us when we get there.
Thanks for your prayers.
I loved reading about you eating 3 doughnuts in the car! Good for you. Exactly what I would have done. I am sad to hear you are leaving Issaquah, but I'm excited for you for your new adventure. I hope all the plans go smoothly. DC is awesome!
ReplyDelete