So what should a mother of 3 boys living in a 2 bedroom apartment (with a husband out of town) do after the storm passed? Go outside and investigate!
"DAMAGE!" Is what the kids would say.
The pool over flowed across the patio.
This is our lovely apartment (hotel) for now.
So here is a sad but true story...During the storm I wanted to go to the Study (computer lab) of the building to print off some documents. Dallin wanted to stay in our room and Zachary wanted to come, Alexander was sleeping so he didn't have a choice. So we told Dallin we would be back and left while he was watching a show called Dirty Jobs.
The printer was having a hard time so we were gone longer than expected. Dallin's show ended pretty soon after we left and I guess he "forgot" where I told him we were going. He ended up leaving our room, and the apartment complex and was walking around the outside of the complex (as pictured above) in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops looking for us. Once you leave the hallway you can not get back in without a key. So by the time Zachary and I got back I found Dallin locked outside crying and SOAKED (because it was pouring and VERY windy). Poor boy.
Later he told me while he was in the stormy weather he said a prayer to know where to find me. Then he continued to say that in his heart he felt like he should wait by the parking garage. I similarly felt the prompting to go check on Dallin and went through the parking garage instead of our normal route. The Lord works in mysterious ways and I know for Dallin he will remember what his heart told him this day.
what a sweet story about dallin...i am so impressed that he thought to pray. i'm not sure my kids would have thought of that as an option if they were ever in trouble. perhaps we should cover that for fhe tomorrow night...
ReplyDeletehopefully you'll be able to start settling in a little bit more in d.c. when is it that you'll be able to get into your house?
I love those little stories about Dallin. I'm always impressed with his spirituality. We miss you guys!
ReplyDeletewow, looks like you are keeping busy with all he museums and what not. i am glad you found dallin, scary.
ReplyDelete