Having my mother in town
is something
I have been looking forward to
for weeks.
The kids were thrilled to spend time with her,
I was excited to be able to talk to her late into the night
and have her help on house projects.
And Jon was happy as long as "family photos" were not suggested.
We were able to accomplish SO MUCH!
My MOM:
Made ONE dozen sugar cookies,
Plunged ONE toilet (thanks for providing the opportunity Jon) :)
Painted TWO rooms (pictures to come),
Made TWO adorable costumes,
Made TWO adorable costumes,
Attended THREE therapy sessions
Cleaned THREE bathrooms
Walked Dallin to the bus FOUR times,
Picked Dallin up FOUR times
Took FIVE wonderful pictures of our family,
and....
We gave her FIVE big hugs when she left.
(What a trade off, don't you think?)
One of our favorite memories is a bike ride
to a neighborhood pond.
I always enjoy a good, murky, goose poop filled pond.
After catching a jar of baby fish
we were getting on our bikes to finish our ride.
Zachary was on his bike and
leaned over the edge to see Dallin's last catch
when he and his bike and helmet
ALL went over the edge in the pond.
Surprised, yes!
Scared, yes!
Sad and wet, yes!
Scared, yes!
Sad and wet, yes!
Poor guy.
After fishing him out and nearly wetting my pants in laughter,
(it was quite a funny situation)
we were able to gather everything,
clean off the pond scum and give him a much NEEDED hug.
No matter how much he dug, the pond scum seemed to be stuck in his ears.
(This is the memorable swimming hole).
A nice warm bath made life feel good again.
*******
Thanks for coming mom.
We love you, appreciate ALL that you do for us
and hope you come again soon!
Oooohhh poor little guy!! That pic of him crying all wet...makes me want to give him a hug.
ReplyDeleteYour mom is so awesome! I bet that was so nice having her come. How are you guys enjoying it out East?
Yes... I am loving being a mom. It is busy but I love it. :)
Oooohhh poor little guy!! That pic of him crying all wet...makes me want to give him a hug.
ReplyDeleteYour mom is so awesome! I bet that was so nice having her come. How are you guys enjoying it out East?
Yes... I am loving being a mom. It is busy but I love it. :)
ok whoops...you can delete one of those.
ReplyDeleteHey Monica, I so love reading about your family, It's a great start to my day.. lets me leave the house all warm and fuzzy feeling. Have talked with your Mom, I'm so gald you all had a great time.. keep the the info and pictures coming. Love you guys
ReplyDeleteDana
Is that really a dead squirrel in your banner on top?!? You must tell.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you didn't find any fish in Zachary's ears. :) Please wish Dallin a Belated Birthday. I hope Wenhe had a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteWendy
Zachary fell in the pond?! Darn it! I'm glad he's ok. Did the pond scum come out of his ears yet?
ReplyDeleteLove the way you wrote this post. Such a cute family.
Funny story although I am not sure Zachary would agree. You are quite the story teller- I love reading your blog!
ReplyDelete