10.03.2008

The question is FINALLY answered.



Throughout Alexander's journey we have all been asking the question, "How well can he hear with the hearing aids on?" The answer could vary in vast degrees.
That question could not be answered until he was 8 to 9 months of age. Until that age a child is not developmentally able to complete a valid test. I have waited for what has seemed like forever for this test.

Today was the big day for Alexander. We met his new audiologist, one that he will have before and after he receives the cochlea implant. Alexander had the behavioral hearing test and exceeded both the audiologists and the doctors expectations!

"With his current hearing situation he is getting far more out of his aids then we could hope for."

I have to brag for a minute, Alexander has a world renowned implant surgeon as his ear, nose and throat doctor. To exceed his expectations is better then a large plate of fresh chocolate chip cookies all for myself!

Alexander can hear speech enough to grasp some language and activate the hearing nerves in his brain. They validated that everything we are doing and have done are working. Knowing this I had the most wonderful feeling; an intense inner peace and happiness.
It was true joy.


All of his other tests indicate that he will be a great candidate for implants. In 4 weeks he will have the c-scan and a few more hearing tests. If we get the thumbs up from the master doctor Alexander will be implanted 4-6 weeks after that.

Alexander is on his way.

We all celebrated Alexander's successful test with dinner out on Pier 6 in Baltimore, Maryland.

11 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! That is so awesome for Alexander, What a blessing to have moved to Virgina! I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY DAY! he's got a cheering squad you know (aka a PRAYING SQUAD!)

    Hugs to all those cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i'm so happy for you! i've been praying for your family and sweet little alexander. how wonderful to hear such good news after waiting for so long to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for your family. I have been worried, tearful, and at peace all at the same time for you. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great news. i am so happy for you and the whole family. what a relief. im glad you got to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fantastic news, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica - that is wonderful news!! Little Alexander is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOORAY!! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for all of you. What a sense of peace this must bring. Look forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is fabulous news! Congrats!!!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. YEAHHHH! I am happy for your whole family. That is great news for your little guy. Keep us all posted and best of luck! By the way, I want to see some pics of your new house.:)

    ReplyDelete

talk to me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails